The Undergraduate Research Symposia, which are hosted by the College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences (CNMS) each fall, are not possible without the efforts of student volunteers who assist with event preparation and on-site details throughout the day. CNMS encourages UMBC students who want to support this year’s event to sign up now!
Volunteers are assigned to 3 – 4 hour shifts to assist with the following activities:
- Event Set-Up (one day during the week prior to the event)
- On-site Registration (day of the event)
- Presentation Assistance (day of the event)
- Crowd Control (day of the event)
- Event Clean-Up (day of the event)
Depending upon the time of the shift, breakfast, lunch or a snack is provided for volunteers.
- Provide excellent customer service to all event participants and attendees,
- Report to the registration table at least 10 minutes prior to their shift,
- Ensure name badges identifying them as volunteers are worn during the entirety of the event, and
- Wear business casual attire, which does NOT include jeans, halter tops, tee shirts, baseball caps, or other inappropriate items of clothing.
Students may register to volunteer and indicate a day and time that works best with their schedules HERE.
CNMS sincerely appreciates the many important contributions of the URS student volunteers!